Thought to be the first house built in Eureka around 1865, the structure later served as Eureka’s first store. It is constructed from the pinion pines that once grew at higher elevations around the town.
Archive for 'Eureka'
Raines Market, housing its owner’s collection of big-game animal trophies, offers a wide range of products for local residents and those passing through town.
This view of the east side of the Eureka Historic District includes a mix of nineteenth-century structures plus some modern additions.
The Eureka Sentinel Museum is housed in the 1879 Eureka Sentinel Newspaper Building. This structure was used as the newspaper office from 1879 until 1960.
The interior of the Eureka Opera House includes a well-preserved olio, or stage curtain, featuring advertisements for local businesses. The institution dates to 1874.
Eureka County built its courthouse in 1879. The courtroom includes original pressed tin ceiling and wood features. A semicircular enclosure for the clerk of the court directly in front of the judge’s bench is noteworthy.