The original Elko County Courthouse was built in 1869 for $20,000. After its completion, the county commissioners refused to pay the builder an additional $240 for the locks in the building. After the builder sent copies of the keys all around the town, the penurious city fathers were forced to spend $600 to have all the locks replaced. The present building, costing $150,000, was built in 1910 and sits on the site of its predecessor.
Touch here for the phone/tablet version.
One notable feature is the hat holder found under each seat.