The courthouse in Virginia City opened in 1877, after the great fire of 1875. Electrification during the Great Depression left Art Deco style fixtures hanging from the high ceiling. The interior lobby, the courtroom, the records vault, and the jail are available in the VR tour.
At the back of the courtroom is a painting of Captain E. F. Storey who died in the 1860 Pyramid Lake War, and for whom Storey County is named. The jail area has been modified into a museum area since these photographs were made (2006). The fireproof records vault contains a historical treasure trove of legal records from the bonanza era of the Comstock.
Touch here for the phone/tablet version.